October/ November GRC Events
Help FEA with phone banking and canvassing for those FEA wants to see in elected this November!
FEA Day of Phone Banking for Jennifer Wexton: Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018.
Join us at FEA from 5 to 7 p.m. Dinner will be served.
FEA GOTV Day of Canvassing for Jennifer Wexton: Sunday, Nov. 4, 2018.
Noon to 3 p.m.
FEA will meet at 4229 Lafayette Center Drive, Suite 1750, Chantilly, VA 20151
November 6 – Election Day:
Polling Precincts: Working the Polls for Jennifer Wexton
November Community Service: Canned Food Drive.
Please collect canned food and bring items to the November Representative Assembly.
FEA Legal Services
Take advantage of two free 30 minute consultations per year and a free simple will provided by FEA’s legal services program. FEA has an agreement with the Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law to provide these services. To schedule an appointment for a free simple will or a free 30 minute consultation with an attorney, call 703-745-1813 and ask to speak with Steven Stone. Be sure to identify yourself as an FEA member.
If you need help with a work-related legal problem, call FEA at 703-352-7300.
FEA Dental and Vision Plan
Contact the FEA office to receive details and an application. Call 703-352-7300.
King’s Dominion Discount Tickets
HUGE SAVINGS when you purchase tickets through the FEA online affiliate store @ www.kingsdominion.com/save. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request User Name and Password.
Include your name and work location in your email.
Virginia-Based Programs and Services
• VEA Access to Savings. Program offers thousands of discounts on dining, shopping, and more on our microsite or mobile app.
• Car Connection. Helps you locate and purchase vehicles.
• Auto and property insurance. Special rates on homeowners and auto insurance through Horace Mann Insurance Company.
• Retirement living. Special discounts and incentives at Lucy Corr Village, a nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Chesterfield County.
• In-home help for the ill or aging. Discounts on assistance in non-medical-caregiving for family members through the Virginia franchises of Comfort Keepers.
• Quality sound systems from Bose. Discounts from the unquestioned leader in sound systems.
• Cell phone savings. Special discounts on T-Mobile cell phone service.
• Entertainment discounts. Reduced rates on tickets to shows and major attractions through TicketsAtWork.
• Wholesale shopping. Save on membership in BJ’s Wholesale Clubs.
National NEA Member Benefits Programs and Services
• Discounts on car rentals, vacations, classroom supplies, and more
• A range of credit-card offerings
• Savings plans
• Home financing programs
• Personal loans
• Several life-insurance options
• Auto and homeowners insurance
• Medicare supplement
• Long-Term Care insurance
To take advantage of your NEA Member Benefits: Visit the NEA Member Benefits web site, where you can learn more about all the programs and services. use Or call the NEA Member Benefits Service Center at 1-800-637-4636. Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Become a wise consumer: Educate yourself before you buy. NEA Member Benefits offers terrific backgrounders on retirement planning, investing, and other topics, as well as an array of financial calculators that allow you to crunch the numbers. Here’s a partial list of your consumer resources:
- Credit/Debt Counseling
- Home Buying Information
- Financial calculators
- Insurance needs
- Health resources
- Life Cycle Consumer Guide
- 5 Minute Retirement Check Up
- Retirement planning
- Travel guide