Each election cycle the Government Relations Council meet to determine which candidates to recommend.
The determination is made on the basis of questionnaires completed by the candidates and interviews with the candidates. Remember, this recommendation is made solely on the basis of the candidates’ positions on public education and issues relevant to education employees. The GRC does not take issues into account which do not relate in some way to public education.
If you would like to the join FEA’s GRC, please email Andrea Mayer [email protected] and she will let you know about any upcoming meetings and events.
You can find VEA endorsements for state-level races here.
To see a list of local candidates FEA and VEA GRC’s (Government Relations Councils) are recommending for the November general election, click here.
VOTE on Tuesday, November 7, 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (General Election)
Remember, Virginia’s voter ID laws are fairly stringent.
- Register/Update Address by: Monday, October 16, 2017
- Request Absentee Ballot by mail by: 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
- Request Absentee Ballot by appearing in person by: 5:00 p.m. Saturday, November 4, 2017
Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Pkwy., Fairfax, VA 22035, Conference Rooms 2/3
- Sept. 22nd thru Oct. 13th: Mon., Tues., Wed., and Fri., 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Thur. 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Monday, Oct. 9th, Columbus Day – OFFICE CLOSED
- Beginning Oct. 16th thru Nov. 3rd: – Mon. thru Fri., 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturdays: Sept. 30th, Oct. 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th and Nov. 4th: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Beginning Oct. 16th thru Nov. 3rd: – Mon. thru Fri., 3:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturdays: Sept. 30th, Oct. 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th and Nov. 4th: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Franconia Governmental Center – 6121 Franconia Rd., Alexandria, 22310
- Lorton Library – 9520 Richmond Hwy., Lorton, 22079
- Mason Governmental Center – 6507 Columbia Pike., Annandale, 22003
- McLean Governmental Center – 1437 Balls Hill Rd., Mclean, 22101
- Mount Vernon Governmental Center – 2511 Parkers Ln., Alexandria, 22306
- North County Governmental Center – 1801 Cameron Glen Dr., Reston, 20190
- Providence Community Center – 3001 Vaden Dr., Fairfax, 22031
- Sully Governmental Center – 4900 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly, 20151
- West Springfield Governmental Center – 6140 Rolling Rd., Springfield, 22152
November 4th is the last day to absentee vote in-person