The FEA seeks a Deputy Executive Director located in Fairfax, VA.
Please send a résumé, cover letter, and references no later than Friday, June 2, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews to be conducted the week of June 5th with a start time of mid to late June.
Candidates for this newly created position will ideally possess the ability to coordinate and manage a multitude of tasks, while remaining positive and composed. The Deputy Executive Director will help to execute the FEA Mission Statement and Goals.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Fairfax Education Association is to provide leadership regarding all decisions affecting public education in Fairfax County and to serve as the collective voice of members. The Fairfax Education Association will endeavor to improve the conditions of teaching, learning, and working within Fairfax County Public Schools. The Fairfax Education Association will accomplish this through informed advocacy and adherence to the highest standards of professionalism.
- Assist Executive Director with execution of building and office management
- Plan and schedule building visits for President and UniServ Directors and provide materials as needed
- Develop fundraising program to help meet association financial goals and solicit sponsorship of activities
- Assist UniServ Directors with facilitating committee activity
- Assist President with facilitating schedule with School Board and Board of Supervisors
- Assist President in developing relationships with local community leaders
- Assist Board of Directors with advice and execution of board meetings
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years’ experience in the education/labor field (former educator/teacher a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to work positively with staff and governance
- Ability to conduct leadership training and collaborate with and motivate board members
- Strong organizational skills, including planning, delegating, and task facilitation
- Knowledge of fundraising and sponsorship strategies
- Budget management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite and basic graphic design
- Ability to work well under pressure
Categorised in: News